Tuesday, February 15, 2011

DREAMS DO COME TRUE

Everyone please check out the article on our first lady Mrs. Michelle Obama in February 14, 2011, US Weekly magazine. I love this article because again she is just a phenomenal woman. If you get to read it they ask her different questions but mostly about fashion. So, her answer that I love is their are so many stylist and designers out there trying to make it. But, everyone tends to go to the WELL-KNOWN ones and not giving anyone else a shot. She says that she switches up and goes with a Up and coming stylist or designer. I so loved this answer because a lot of people just tend to go with the WELL-KNOWN. But, those that are NEW to the business and are trying to come up and make a name for themselves will never be able to unless someone (that can be you) just gives them a chance. If you all remember when President Obama got in office the night of the Inaugural Ball. Her chosen DESIGNER was a HIT-Jason Wu!!! She really shocked everyone because they just assumed she was going to go with a big name designer. Give people chances you never know what may happen and yes it may not always work out but at least you know that you tried and you learned a lesson out of it.



Michelle's Major Style



President Obama and First Lady

The dance

She just wore some simple dainty silver with diamond bangles

Dainty crystal earrings

Simple crystal ring

Simple white satin shoes




ERICA BAEZ COLON – the stylist







Phenomenal Woman


Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman

Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Maya Angelou 

2 comments:

  1. Yes the first lady did look exceptional that night! Aside from style, I must say she is a Phenomenal Woman and urge the women today to look at who she really is. I believe Maya Angelou with this poem defines her completely. The first lady is the type of woman we want behind our commander and Chief. She is the kind of woman I hope to aspire to be. I love this article because it really does promote entrepreneurship and she stands behind this promotion by choosing people to create a unique style for her, who are not yet recognized in their field or career. I say again 2 snaps for the first lady and all those who working hard to establish their own empire.
    A tribute to the young entrepreneurs and great people paving the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading the blog and making a comment. I too say good luck to all the NEW entrepreneurs out there. And for them to just keep giving it their all and never give up.

    ReplyDelete